The 3Shape TRIOS® 3D Scanner Provides Accurate Intraoral Imaging
At Knight Orthodontics, we are devoted to providing our patients with the most appropriate and convenient dental experience possible. For this reason, Dr. L. Douglas Knight uses modern diagnostic and imaging technology in his Louisville, KY and Radcliff, KY offices. One example of this is the 3Shape TRIOS® 3D Scanner. This intraoral scanning tool and camera quickly produces accurate images from within the mouth with lifelike rendering.
This technology provides high resolution images that display the contours of the inside of the mouth. As a small, hand-held tool, the 3Shape TRIOS® is conveniently wireless and comfortably scans the teeth and gums while you are sitting in the dental chair. Patients are most often impressed by the speed at which it scans the surfaces of the mouth, creates a digital model the cumulative images, and displays an enlarged, realistic portrayal of all sides and angles of the teeth and gums. The result is an incredibly detailed digital impression that shows an enlarged version of what the dentist sees during an examination.
What Happens During a 3Shape TRIOS® Scan?
Unlike many other scanning or impression creating tools, the 3Shape TRIOS® is used while you are seated comfortably in the chair. This device makes appointments go by faster, as it eliminates the need to poke and prod within the mouth to see all angles of the teeth and gums. Instead of having to hold the mouth open for extended periods of time, Dr. Knight can now take a few quick scans, and then scrutinize the digital images that appear on the display screen.
Advantages of the 3Shape TRIOS® 3D Scanner
This up-to-date diagnostic technology can help Dr. Knight diagnose dental problems, display highly detailed images for patient communication and plan treatment for your specific needs. The 3Shape TRIOS® 3D Scanner offers several benefits for our patients:
- Shorten the time needed for examinations: The images are scanned and enlarged instantly, so less time is needed to examine every tooth.
- Eliminates the need for traditional impressions: This tool instantly creates a digital impression of the teeth and gums, eliminating the need for the messiness and unpleasant feeling of traditional dental impressions.
- Digital documentation: The 3Shape TRIOS® instantly creates accurate, three-dimensional images that can be used for digital treatment planning and shared with other clinicians and dental laboratories.
- Delivers no radiation. There is no risk of exposure to radiation, since the scanner is an intraoral camera.
- Enhances Patient Communication: Because the 3Shape TRIOS® provides a complete and precise rendering of the teeth and gums, it allows Dr. Knight to communicate concerns visually, without the need for lengthy explanations. You will see an enlarged image of your teeth and gum tissue that reveals any issues as clearly as if you were looking directly into your own mouth.
Call Us to Schedule a Visit
If you are ready for a faster dental exam and a clearer understanding of your oral health, the 3Shape TRIOS® will not disappoint. With the use of this innovative technology, Dr. Knight provides his patients with an easier, more comfortable experience in the dental chair. He also and enhances your understanding of any concerns that may be present during your treatment planning. Schedule an appointment online, or call our office at (502) 327-6453 (Louisville) or (270)351-5151 (Radcliff).
Dr. Knight is so nice and you get treated so well there. Everyone is nice and friendly. They always make sure you’re taken care of.A Patient