Anatomage® Dental Software Helps to Make Treatment More Predictable
Advancements in modern technology have significantly benefited the field of orthodontics. Dr. L. Douglas Knight utilizes Anatomage® 3-D rendering software to diagnose and treat his patients in Louisville, KY and Radcliff, KY. The use of this modern technology allows Dr. Knight to provide an accurate diagnosis and create an appropriate treatment plan designed for your individualized needs.
Like Dolphin® 3-D Imaging, Anatomage® rendering software works in conjunction with radiographic cone beam scans acquired with the i-CAT machine. It allows Dr. Knight to visualize the precise location of oral and maxillofacial landmarks, such as airways, mandibular nerves, temporomandibular joints, and impacted teeth, among others. Anatomage® technology can assist in the accuracy of treatment planning, and give you a good idea of how long your customized treatment will take.
One of the most impressive features of Anatomage® rendering software is the ability to create virtual pre-treatment and post-treatment images before your orthodontic process even begins! Dr. Knight can show you what changes you can expect in your face, teeth, and surrounding structures once your treatment is finished.
This technology is especially useful in cases where orthognathic surgery is recommended. This type of corrective jaw surgery is sometimes necessary if treatment cannot be successful with braces alone. Dr. Knight will work alongside an oral and maxillofacial surgeon (OMS) in these cases, to ensure you are receiving the most comprehensive and collaborative care available. Anatomage® allows your entire dental team to share records and images, maximizing the treatment planning process. Your doctors can even virtually simulate orthognathic surgical procedures to accurately plan your case and illustrate the end results before your treatment even begins.
The Use of Anatomage® 3-D Rendering Software in Orthodontics
Anatomage® rendering software is particularly useful in the field of orthodontics. By importing the image files of one 60 second cone beam scan, Dr. Knight will be able to visualize:
- The exact position of your teeth in 3-D
- The location of your wisdom teeth, and whether they are impacted
- Supernumerary (extra) teeth and their precise location
- The development and growth of your oral and maxillofacial structures
- Bone levels around your teeth
- Your airways, which can significantly affect breathing and/or sleep apnea
Patient Advantages of Anatomage® 3-D Rendering Software
There are several types of innovative technology that make dentistry easier and more predictable for patients. The use of Anatomage® 3-D rendering software offers these benefits:
- No more traditional impressions: From one cone beam scan, we are able to fabricate study models of your teeth. This means no more conventional alginate impressions, which can be an uncomfortable experience for many patients.
- Faster treatment times: Because your diagnosis will be more accurate, Dr. Knight will be able to effectively and efficiently complete your treatment, resulting in a quicker treatment timeline.
- Predictability: The use of modern diagnostic technology allows clinicians to plan more efficiently, so you know what to expect in terms of specific treatment and timelines.
- Virtual before and after images: Anatomage® technology offers the ability to produce realistic pre-treatment and post-treatment mockups, so you can have an accurate idea of what you will look like once your orthodontic treatment is complete.
Call Us to Schedule an Appointment
Whether you are looking to improve your smile or your function, Dr. Knight can assist you in determining if orthodontic treatment is right for you. To schedule an appointment, you can call us at (502) 327-6453 (Louisville) or (270) 351-5151 (Radcliff), or visit us online anytime.
Dr. Knight is so nice and you get treated so well there. Everyone is nice and friendly. They always make sure you’re taken care of.A Patient